Source World hunger. We all love cute and chubby babies and children. Every mother wants her child to be the strongest, cutest and healthiest. And for this parents take all the special care of the child’s nutrition, diet, and medication.
But there are some unprivileged children who don’t even get the food needed to satisfy their hunger. Children who cry their hearts out because their stomach hurts due to hunger. Poor children who are far away from being healthy of chubby. Children who cry their hearts out because their stomach hurts due to hunger. Poor children who are far away from being healthy of chubby.
1. What is HUNGER?
- In this case, Hunger is referred to as the want or scarcity of food in a country. The related technical term is either malnutrition or if malnutrition is taken to refer to both undernutrition and over-nutrition. Both malnutrition and undernutrition refer to the effects on people of not having enough food.
- There are two basic types of malnutrition/undernutrition. The first and most important is protein-energy malnutrition (PEM). Protein-energy malnutrition is the more lethal form of malnutrition/hunger and is the type of malnutrition that is referred to when world hunger is discussed. This leads to growth failure.
2. The two types of acute malnutrition are
- Marasmus or Nutritional edema – rapid weight loss and in its severe form can lead to death.
- Stunting- slow, cumulative process and is caused by insufficient intake of some nutrients.
3. World hunger ratio
Recent estimates from the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization put the number of chronically undernourished people in the world at approximately 795 million. That means that about one in nine of the over seven billion people on Earth suffers from hunger regularly.
4. Wastage of Food
Just imagine the amount of food we waste on our meal plates. Some experts estimate that as much as 40% of the food produced in the world is wasted
This means the food wasted in a year by an average family is enough to feed the same family for over a month and also paying their electricity bill.
We throw away food carelessly if we do not like the taste or even the smell of it. But do you realize that there are people out there who die for that food? That one bread you throw in the bin can satisfy somebody’s hunger, it can bring a smile on someone’s face.
There are small children dying out of hunger and malnutrition. Children with various health issues and diseases suffering due to Hunger. Today we sleep peacefully at night knowing that we are going to have a delicious breakfast next morning and a tasty home-cooked meal. But there are people who pray for just a single meal a day, they don’t even know if they will get a bread in the morning or not.
The problem of World Hunger is a huge problem faced by humanity today, and being a human it is out soul responsibility towards the human race to help the ones in need. We don’t have to do much, all we need to do is come together and take a pledge to not waste the food on a daily basis. And if by chance there is some food left, instead of throwing it away just give to the hungry. The satisfaction and happiness you get after seeing a smile on their face is uncountable. Because everyone lives for their stomach, and it is a great pleasure if you are able to fill the stomachs of the hungry. Instead of offering feasts to the people who can afford their own food, who can fill their own stomachs give that food to the hungry.
Because everyone lives for their stomach, and it is a great pleasure if you are able to fill the stomachs of the hungry.
If each one helps one, I am sure this problem will be solved efficiently by our individual steps and also the schemes carried out by the government. We will be able to fight the problem of World hunger sooner.